Castlevania's creepy stuff

Started by A-Yty, 20 August 2011, 15:14

Previous topic - Next topic

A-Yty

The password screens of TNG/Bloodlines, CV3 and CV2 are cool like that. TNG/Bloodlines has that "going insane in a carousel while holding a one-eyed ragdoll"-kind of music. CV3 has that strange monstrous laugh (this one sounds similar) and CV2 has that cross which coupled with the Transylvania mountain view somehow create an eerie feeling. Both have simple, but ominous themes.

Bloodreign

I always found the Bloodlines stage introduction music a tad on the creepy side, that along with the Italy Leaning Tower of Pisa Discolored Wall theme.
New sig, my old one is a dead link, so I changed it to something useless, like this text. If you read it, congrats, you wasted your time.

A-Yty

It occurred to me that Sypha had been in stone form possibly for decades (who knows - maybe even centuries). And it seems like she was constantly aware of her surroundings (how else would she have been so quick to realize the situation when she was freed?).

That's the stuff of nightmares  :shock:
Amazing that she wasn't completely insane once she finally got out.

Bloodreign

She probably had a serious case of cramping, what with being confined to stone for that long. Muscles don't like to be kept still for that long, she had to be in some discomfort after finally being able to move again.
New sig, my old one is a dead link, so I changed it to something useless, like this text. If you read it, congrats, you wasted your time.

A-Yty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzmqeWpp50A

Until 00:28, this lovely bit makes me think of the Omen theme. I really wish Yamane had the balls to go full-blown creepy with this and kept the satanic vibe of the track's beginning for the remainder of it.

A-Yty

I've yet to verify this, but apparently if you pause the game by pressing start in the Confessional Booth in in SotN, the music still plays.

Also: when playing the Saturn version and you have the green fairy card activated and if you stay in the priest's seat while the lady in red confesses, Alucard will eventually fall asleep because the woman won't stop confessing until you get up.

Bloodreign

I find he falls asleep in the PS1 version as well, that is if you let him sit or something for long enough. Sort of unintentional comedy on Konami's part.