Author Topic: Video Game neologisms  (Read 907 times)

A-Yty

• Global Moderator
  • Creature of Chaos
Video Game neologisms
« on: December 26, 2014, 18:06 »
What would you say is the VG equivalent of "Jumping the shark" and "Nuking the fridge"?

Here are a couple of my suggestions.

- "Haunt the hand" (Thanks, MGS2)

- "The hedgehog-human kiss" ("Wow, this installment totally gave this series the hedgehog-human kiss of death")

- "Poison Hamster" (Thank you, Metal Gear 2) ("Goddamnit. They Poison Hamster'd this franchise")

- "Shoot the old professor off your back with missiles" (Yeah, Metal Gear 2 again)

Your thoughts?

Bloodreign

• Sir Grakul
Re: Video Game neologisms
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 13:01 »
None really, haven't put enough time into newer games to notice stuff like this.  :hehe:
New sig, my old one is a dead link, so I changed it to something useless, like this text. If you read it, congrats, you wasted your time.

A-Yty

• Global Moderator
  • Creature of Chaos
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 03:03 »
It doesn't have to be a new game. I mean, MGS2 came out 13 years ago. It just needs to be ludicrous enough to sink a series or at least clearly signal its downfall. And be short & catchy  :jees:

Bloodreign

• Sir Grakul
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 10:10 »
Maybe Marvel Vs Capcom 3 killing off a bunch of fan favorites, thereby pissing off a lot of long time fans.

*shrugs*

I dunno.
New sig, my old one is a dead link, so I changed it to something useless, like this text. If you read it, congrats, you wasted your time.