Author Topic: Castlevania: Questions unanswered & details open for interpretation  (Read 780 times)

A-Yty

• Global Moderator
  • Creature of Chaos
This can act both as a general fanon thread or just a place to present questions that may very well have canon answers.

I have a simple one. What does Maria say in the prologue of SotN when he heals Richter? To me, it sounds like: "Richter! Regain your strength!".

Q

• Administrator
  • Creature of Chaos
Didn't they have that piece of voice acting also remade in DXC? :hmm:

A-Yty

• Global Moderator
  • Creature of Chaos
I checked some videos from YouTube, but none of the dialogue change lists show that scene.

A-Yty

• Global Moderator
  • Creature of Chaos
Here's a theory; Mathias Cronqvist's soul was released from his curse at the end of SotN. He has a moment of regret (even though it's about going against his wife's last wish) and instead of exploding or dying with a roar as he usually does, columns of light appear and point upwards as he vanishes silently. That seems rather symbolic and I think it's the only time he loses in a peaceful manner.

This would also explain why his personality is largely absent from that point on. His personal history and motivations are rarely - if ever - mentioned again.