Paavo, are you sure SVC Chaos: SNK vs. Capcom didn't...

Started by Anonymous, 25 June 2005, 00:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

come out where you live?

I know I IMed you this but Ignition Entertainment released in PAL Territory.
http://www.ignitionent.com/SVC/

They're gonna be releasing KOF02 and KOF03 separatly too.
http://www.ignitionent.com/kof02%2D03/

Q

It has come out indeed.

List of the webshops that sell it here: http://www.mbnet.fi/hintaseuranta/kori.aspx?lisaa=24557

Anonymous

I guess has hasn't been talking to you!  :lol:

Q

Quote from: ""masterace""But P doesn't have a credit card!  :(

You don't need it if you buy stuff within teh state of Finland.

Anonymous

I see, but he's rambling that it never came out over there.  :lol:

Lumienkeli

Hehee, I've seen it in stores for teh Box and Station zwei. I heard it is a sucky game... Nothing compared to Capcom vs. SNK :( But Samurai Shodown V is coming soon and me wants it... I just wish they had SSV Special in the same package.
Soredemo boku wa yattenai.

Kultamuna Classic

WTF? Why has this escaped my attention?  :x Has it been out for how long now?

Lumienkeli

For some time at least ^^ maybe one or two months?
Soredemo boku wa yattenai.

Anonymous

Quote from: ""Lumienkeli""Hehee, I've seen it in stores for teh Box and Station zwei. I heard it is a sucky game... Nothing compared to Capcom vs. SNK :( But Samurai Shodown V is coming soon and me wants it... I just wish they had SSV Special in the same package.

Yeah, I wouldn't say go blow your money on this game and this game received a lot of negative flak but I tried for myself and it isn't too bad. I like some things about it but CVS and CVS2 are still better.

Pros
+Capcom characters (except for Sagat and Hugo) look nice
+Obscure sidescrollering characters (Goddess Athena from Athena and Red Arremer/Firebrand from Ghost N Goblins) as the real final bosses
+Some of the music is nice
+Shiki's Exceed move where she rides your dick
+Tessa from Capcom's first CPS3 game, Red Earth (ZOMG OBSCURE CHARCTER)
+Character dialouge before the fight begins

Cons
-Controls for some characters like Guile and Ryu
-The gameplay is FUCKING Unbalanced and Broken
-Guard Cancel Front Step is a stupid ass system and isn't helpful
-Your meter charges up too fast (CPU cheezes this and you enter Max mode when its full so you end cancelling moves into other moves you don't want to do
-You can't roll in this game like in KOF or have any dodge feature
-CPU is cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeap (Get ready to cry at the bosses)
-Almost impossible to see anybody's ending
-The backgrounds (Except for Shin Akuma/Mr. Karate's Boss stage, Heaven, Hell, Forest and Crystal Shrine) are pretty bland

There was another SVC. SNK vs. Capcom: Match of the Millenium and SNK vs. Capcom: Cardfighters Clash for Neo-Geo Pocket Color. (Ok that one doesn't really count since it's not fighting but MOTM is very good for a handheld)

Anonymous

What the fuck, niggar? The tags didn't work!  :x

Q

Quote from: ""masterace""What the fuck, niggar? The tags didn't work!  :x

It didn't work because you posted a link to the Imageshack's page, not directly to the image. I fixed it now.

Edit: Image tags not allowed for that large gifs. Sorry.

Anonymous

Playing this game with Guile isn't easy. I try to do his super moves, but they just don't come out.

Kultamuna Classic

I might just get this out of sheer respect of lost arts art of 2D sprites. Mind me, I got it emulated too, but I seriously need to mellow the engine down. :|

Christophe

Nothing to add here, really. I just have to give my respect to mr masterace for mentioning the ancient Athena game! Boy, that game is old skool or you can call me Mr Spock and beam me up! I just wonder did the allmighty masta play it on the arcades or on an humble Speccy? There was also a Commodore conversion with the great title tune music by our man Mr Martin Galway. The arcade game is hard like hell. It's like Duke Nuke'em on steroid pills and then some. Athena I love you! Where are you?

And now, for some odd reason I want to play Rygar! And Tecmo collection is sold out! :whip: